We maximize the revenue from your roaming business. The extensive Starhome Mach analytical portfolio comprises of several modules to help you to manage your roaming business. All modules are available in an online reporting tool that is integrated into the Unity portal.

Silent Roamers Analytics

The roaming market is experiencing a continued decline in subscribers who are not actively using their mobile devices. Current statistics show that 80% of all data traffic is generated by 1% of roamers. Furthermore, recent studies show that only 30% of roamers are actually using data which leaves a further 70% of valuable, untapped revenue. These figures represent huge potential income for mobile operators. 

The Silent Roamer module is an extension of the Subscriber Performance Manager that enables operators to analyze all available subscriber data, including data for silent roamers connected to preferred partner networks. This segment of silent roamers can open up new revenue streams by offering them attractive new campaigns to promote usage.

The detection and analysis of these users is based on signaling and is called silent roamer detection. This module allows you to analyze your “silent” roamers and, based on existing segmentation, assists operators in identifying this untapped revenue potential.

Inbound Market Share Analytics

The Inbound Market Share module provides operators with an insight into the steering distribution of their roaming partners. In today’s competitive wholesale markets, operators need as much knowledge as possible about their national competitors. As the wholesale sector is increasingly driven by relationships, special events and retail offerings the need for inbound market share awareness is critical.

 The Starhome Mach Inbound Market Share analytical module uses advanced algorithms plus signaling and CDR level information to:

  • Assist the operator in gaining in-depth knowledge about his competitors’ wholesale partnership strategy
  • Notify the operator when there is a change in the number of visitors in his network. This may be due to QoS issues or due to a new partnership agreement that was signed between a national competitor or a former roaming partner.
  • Provide the roaming manager with a full picture of roaming traffic, roaming partners’ behavior, revenue gain vs. revenue lost, etc.

 Combining inbound market share with outbound market share and discount deal information, enables the operator to manage their partners and roaming strategy more effectively.

Quality of Service Analytics

The roaming market is evolving and subscriber demands are presenting operators with new challenges to increase their revenue margins. 

Steering is no longer just a matter of sending your subscribers to preferred networks with whom you have wholesale agreements. Operators need to consider potential revenues, usage and QoS in order to maximize the level of customer satisfaction and revenues. Monitoring your quality of service in real time and taking decisive action is critical, for example: steering your VIP customers to a non-preferred network if the quality is better.

Based on signaling information, QoS reporting is made available in the online reporting tool and integrated into Unity.  The dashboard allows you to closely monitor your business KPIs and enables you to configure your own alerts and thresholds to optimize the information flow.